We are proud to offer quality, affirming, and accessible community programming and legal services centered in values of social justice for Black trans people.
Lavender Rights Project is seeking a Housing Manager!
We seek to create a world where Black Trans people have equitable and safe access to housing. As such, we are currently launching a housing program to create the conditions under which those who are chronically unhoused are offered respite, respect and intentional care. We want a Housing Manager that will be invested in helping us make this the most welcoming and thoughtful space we know it can be.
Who We Are: Lavender Rights Project
Lavender Rights Project (LRP) is a Black trans services organization with a grassroots legal department, established in 2016. We are proud to offer quality, affirming, and accessible community programming and legal services centered in values of social justice for Black trans people. We recognize people at the intersections of their LGBTQI+ identity encountering barriers of anti-blackness, xenophobia, and racism; ableism; low-income, economic, and class status; and experiences with incarceration. See our website at: https://www.lavenderrightsproject.org/
The Position: Housing Manager
The full time Housing Manager will work closely with the Housing Director to ensure internal and external messaging and public perception about the project aligns with LRP’s values, mission, and vision. The Housing Manager is aware of current and historical issues and viewpoints to center the needs of Black, trans and gender diverse, disabled, and QTPOC individuals while carrying out project objectives.
Role and Responsibilities
- Research and analyze complex issues; develop program plans, conduct surveys, and develop policy proposals.
- Provides oversight of day-to-day activities associated with the LRP housing facility.
- Outline and complete project tasks or delegate accordingly to volunteers or specific housing department staff.
- Collaborating with all invested parties and staff to increase engagement, participation and the longevity of the project.
- Identifies issues in operations that may require immediate attention and solution due to site safety.
- Recommend potential program improvements.
- Develop programming that meets the needs of our tenants.
- Meet the needs of our housing facility’s tenants, investing in the culture of our communities and ensure their quality of life.
- Creates a network of support for tenants that aligns with our wraparound services.
- Process and meet budget goals set by the Executive Director with input from the Housing Director
The Right One for The Job:
The ideal candidate will be well organized, display strong interpersonal skills and have experience working with BIPOC LGBTQ+ populations. Proficiency with Google Suite, Microsoft Office and previous work experience in the housing field serving low-income residents is required. Current Washington State driver’s license, required insurance, and vehicle will be necessary for local travel.
Previous experience working with Black, gender diverse populations or as a housing manager in a permanent supportive housing facility is a plus!
Lavender Rights Project offers healthcare coverages including medical plans, with employer contributions at about 80% of premium costs; employer paid dental and vision; flexible spending account; 401(k) retirement; Employee Assistance Program, optional voluntary insurances; self-determined paid time off for vacation or sick, as well as paid holidays. Apply for this opportunity by sending your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!