Project Coordinator (Remote, Based in California)
ETR is a non-profit organization committed to improving health outcomes and advancing health equity for youth, families, and communities
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
The Project Coordinator I coordinates and supports project teams on selected project activities and works with the Director of Youth Engagement Strategies on agency processes for engaging young people at ETR and in ETR projects. This position requires lived experience expertise in foster care; direct experience with youth engagement; and experience with health promotion among young people with lived experience in the foster care system. This position works remotely but must be based in California.
- You possess excellent communication and relationship-building skills with colleagues, partners and clients with utmost integrity, courtesy and diplomacy.
- You are capable of embracing the ideas of others and seek to understand others’ points of view in order to further our shared mission and vision.
- You enjoy working independently as well as collaboratively to meet goals and deadlines. You are capable of using technology to effectively and professionally communicate with co-located and remote colleagues.
- You are self-motivated and capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment.
- You embrace a spirit of learning and curiosity in your work and proactively seek out answers and solutions to questions and challenges that arise.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in related field.
- Lived experience expertise in foster care; direct experience with youth engagement; and experience with health promotion among young people with lived experience in the foster care system.
- Minimum of one-year experience as Project Coordinator.
- Minimum of one-year experience overseeing the work of hourly staff and/or consultants.
- Strong skills in group facilitation and presentation.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly developed people skills; ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Proficient with MS Office, Outlook and supporting applications, including internet, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with limited supervision.
- Experience monitoring project budgets.
- Ability to provide initiative and oversee a project with multiple tasks from conception to completion as directed.
- Ability to balance completion of designated project tasks, both short and long-term, with the performance of routine duties.
- Ability to meet short deadlines, and willingness to work additional hours during deadline periods.
- Ability to travel within CA as assigned.
- The use of a personal vehicle or rental car for ETR business will require a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Location: Remote employment but must be based in California only.
Starting Pay Range: $59,700 to $72,900 annually. The typical hiring range for this position is $59,700 to $66,300 at 100% FTE. The starting salary is determined based on the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience.
WORKING AT ETR
ETR employees enjoy a competitive salary, amazing 401(k) and health benefits as well as generous PTO and holiday pay. You will contribute to making a difference in the world!
ETR (Education, Training and Research) is a national non-profit. We are passionate about our mission, which is to improve health and increase opportunities for youth, families and communities. We seek to promote equity and justice through first understanding, and then addressing, the ways health and education outcomes are influenced by the complex interactions between people and their environment.
As an organization with a focus on mission-driven impact, we value diversity and inclusion of different perspectives and ideas. We emphasize collaboration and continuous learning, both within the organization and in our partnerships.
We are looking for people who share our passion for health equity, social justice and learning. ETR is an equal opportunity employer and supports a vision where all staff – regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, socioeconomic background, or religious affiliation – feel there is space for a diversity of experiences to be represented, respected and valued.
THE IMPACT WE ARE LOOKING TO MAKE
We envision a world where all people have the information, skills and opportunities to lead healthy lives. We endeavor to reduce disparities and increase equity in health and education. We are committed to uplifting and supporting our partners to do work across the country and around the globe in four main areas:
- HIV, sexual, and reproductive health (HIV/SRH)
- Equity and inclusion in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) fields
- Alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
- School-based health and wellness
We realize our vision and achieve our mission by linking innovation and research to practice. We drive the science through program development, applied research and evaluation. We scale innovation through capacity building and dissemination.
WORKING AT ETR
ETR has a distributed workforce across three co-located offices in California, as well as individual employees located around the nation. ETR employees enjoy a competitive salary, an amazing 401(K) and robust health benefits, as well as generous PTO and holiday pay. We offer remote working flexibility when possible. Join us. You will work with inspiring colleagues and contribute to making a difference in the world!
ETR is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO and AA Employer/VET/Disabled
ETR is an equal opportunity employer and supports a vision where all staff – regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, socio-economic background, or religious affiliation – feel there is space for a diversity of experiences to be represented, respected and valued.
ETR is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer – EEO and AA Employer/VET/Disabled. ETR has a vision where all staff – regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, socioeconomic background, or religious affiliation – feel there is space for a diversity of experiences to be represented, respected and valued.