Employment Access Coordinator Needed for Short Term, Remote Work Job Opportunity
Established in 2011, (BTAC) Black Trans Advocacy Coalition is the only national organization led by black trans people to collectively address the inequities faced in the black transgender human experience.
BTAC, through our national advocacy center and affiliate state chapters work daily to end discrimination and inequities faced in health, employment, housing and education to improve the lived experience of transgender people. BTAC’s work is based in peace building, community education, public policy initiatives, empowerment programs and direct services. Our mission is to help improve the black trans human experience by overcoming violence and injustice in the world through the power, value and love of all people.
The National Black Trans Advocacy Coalition is advocating for black transgender Employment Equality, fighting for the human right to earn a living wage that affords basic living expenses. Black Trans People Need Jobs! We invite career-minded individuals who are driven, disciplined and assertive, with a “client first” and “can do” attitude who believe in our mission to apply to serve in the role of Employment Access Coordinator.
Help us to overcome employment discrimination by improving education, training, expand opportunity for all talents and with livable wages so that transgender people can get jobs and achieve employment stability. Employment Access Coordinator work to reach, serve, train and place black transgender workers using our methodology and the best practices of our partner organizations with focus on relationship building with both candidates and hiring managers.
The Employment Access Coordinator position is an exciting opportunity to positively represent and serve our black trans constituency. The ideal candidate will identify as transgender and bring or be all or most of the following:
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Strong advocacy skills prioritizing the needs of the client
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism at all times with clients and staff
- Commitment of protecting sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Have strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Work with little or no supervision – takes initiative
- Be a problem solver, self-starter that can follow detail instructions
- A proven track record for hitting deadlines and working well under pressure
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at same time
- Lead with a servant’s heart
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in Employment Services field of work
- Computer proficiency in: Microsoft or Google Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- 1 year Case Management experience
- 2 years Program Coordination or Management (preferred)
- 2-3 years Job readiness, placement, training, recruitment experience (preferred)
- Experience helping poverty-specific population overcome barriers to service
- Experience navigating public insurance options and systems such as government offices, courts, housing, domestic violence/sexual assault, and other community-based services a plus
- This is a PART-TIME, short term, hourly paid assignment averaging between 20-28 hours a week working from home
- Must have dedicated time available Tues/Wed/Thur 10am-6pm CST
REMOTE WORK REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a quiet and private work station
- Must have desktop/lap top/or tablet
- Must have reliable high speed internet connection