GNC/Non-binary Summit Facilitator Needed for Short Term, Remote Work Job Opportunity
Black Trans MX. (BTMX) creates space for building community and advocating for the black gender non-conforming, non-binary, and gender diverse community.
Founded in 2018, BTXI aims to provide a safe space for persons free from societal expectations of gender norms, celebrate gender diversity, increase non-binary and gender non-conforming visibility, and build a stronger community. Our mission is to encourage and advocate for black individuals and their gender identity, expression, and exploration however that manifests.
Black Trans Mx. provides positive and affirming support to enrich the lives of trans gnc/non-binary people across the US through EmpowerTHEM.
The EmpowerTHEM program is focused on helping to ensure the experience of holistic wellness with respect to matters concerning health & healing, safety and economic & social empowerment to support their liberation. Black Trans Mx empowerment program services provided to the gnc/non-binary community include Peer Counseling, Information and Referral, Support Group, Mx Summit and Grants & Scholarships.
We invite career-minded individuals who are driven, disciplined and assertive, and who believe in our mission to apply to serve in the role of EmpowerTHEM Summit Facilitator. The EmpowerTHEM Summit Facilitator is involved in the community we serve and works to facilitate the EmpowerTHEM – GNC/Non-binary Summit, a structured 5-Day empowerment program crafted by gnc/non-binary folx focused on healing and community organizing held at the National Black Trans Advocacy Conference April 26 – May 1, 2022 in Dallas, Texas. The GNC Summit Program facilitator serves as the lead contact for all areas of the gnc/non-binary summit event program, associated communication and activities.
The GNC EmpowerTHEM Summit Facilitator position is an exciting opportunity to positively represent and serve our constituency. The ideal candidate will bring or be all or most of the following:
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- You are committed to holistic wellness, creating and environment that provides relentless support and opportunity for community, as well as the feeling of self value, and belonging in all mentoring engagements while demonstrating psychological sensitivity towards black gnc/non-binary people
- Demonstrated ability to quickly establish rapport and maintain positive working relationships with others over the phone and in person
- Highly effective communicator and skilled listener, who is adaptable and displays tenacity
- Takes initiative – Capable of working independently to achieve stated program goals with minimum day to day supervision
- Be a problem solver, self-starter that can follow detail instructions
- A proven track record for hitting deadlines and working well under pressure
- Possesses integrity and compliance can be relied upon to act ethically
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Lead with a servant’s heart
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Prior participation or volunteer time in the EmpowerTHEM Summit or any BTMX or BTAC programs
- Experience planning daily operations of programs and their activities
- Experience with community organizing and building partnerships
- Experience with fundraising, grant writing and donor engagement
- Computer proficiency in: Microsoft or Google Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent (some college preferred)
- 1 year Community Outreach & Engagement experience
- 1 year Volunteer Coordination experience
- 1 year Social Media Management (Preferred)
- 2 year Sales Experience a plus
- This is a short term, hourly paid, contract assignment averaging 12 hours a week working remotely
- In-person schedule includes 5-days at the National Black Trans Advocacy Conference to facilitate the summit
REMOTE WORK REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a quiet and private work station
- Must have desktop/lap top/or tablet
- Must have reliable high speed internet connection
- Additional equipment: (headphones preferred)
Equal Employment Opportunity
BTAC. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance.