Men’s Mentoring Program Coordinator Needed for Short Term, Remote Work Job Opportunity
Since 2011, (BTMI) Black Transmen Inc has firmly planted ourselves on the forefront of organizing the modern movement for Black trans equality. BTMI takes pride in its role as the first national nonprofit social advocacy organization with a specific focus on empowering African American transgender men by addressing multi-layered issues of injustice faced at the intersections of racial, sexual orientation, and gender identities.
Black Transmen Inc sponsors a new black trans equality movement, that includes the power and admiration of black transmen living life in spite of societal and/or traditional expectations of gender identity. We affirm and celebrate the beauty, strength and uniqueness of the transmasculine community. Our mission is to ensure that all transgender men and TLGB individuals are acknowledged and provided equal access and protection under the law thereby enabling them to contribute towards a productive society.
Black Transmen, Inc. provides positive and affirming support to enrich the lives of transmen and boys across the US through EmpowerHIM.
The EmpowerHIM program is focused on ensuring the experience of holistic wellness with respect to matters concerning health & wellness, safety, economic and social empowerment to support his liberation. Empowerment program services provided to the transmasculine community include Information & Education, Akanni Mentoring, Men’s Summit and Grants & Scholarships.
We invite career-minded individuals who are driven, disciplined and assertive, and who believe in our mission to apply to serve in the role of Men’s Mentoring Program Coordinator. The Men’s Mentoring Program Coordinator is involved in the community we serve, works to coordinate EmpowerHIM – Akanni, a structured comprehensive mentoring program crafted by transmen promoting holistic wellness targeted to produce leaders that will contribute positively and successfully in society. The Mentoring Program coordinator serves as the lead contact for all areas of the mentoring program, associated communication and activities.
The Men’s Mentoring Program Coordinator position is an exciting opportunity to positively represent and serve our constituency. The ideal candidate will identify as transgender man and bring or be all or most of the following:
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- You are committed to holistic wellness, creating and environment that provides relentless support and opportunity for community, as well as the feeling of self value, and belonging in all mentoring engagements while demonstrating psychological sensitivity towards black transmen
- Understands dynamics of individual and group behavior
- Demonstrated ability to quickly establish rapport and maintain positive working relationships with others over the phone and in person
- Commitment of protecting sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Highly effective communicator and skilled listener, who is adaptable and displays tenacity
- Takes initiative – Capable of working independently to achieve stated program goals with minimum day to day supervision
- Be a problem solver, self-starter that can follow detail instructions
- A proven track record for hitting deadlines and working well under pressure
- Possesses integrity and compliance can be relied upon to act ethically
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Lead with a servant’s heart
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in Outreach & Engagement or similar field of work
- Computer proficiency in: Microsoft or Google Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- 6 months Transgender Community Outreach experience
- 1 year Social Media Management (Preferred)
- 1 year Sales Experience (Preferred)
- Experience helping poverty-specific population overcome barriers to service
- Experience navigating public insurance options and systems such as government offices, courts, housing, domestic violence/sexual assault, and other community-based services a plus
- This is a PART-TIME, short term, hourly paid assignment averaging between 10-15 hours a week working from home
REMOTE WORK REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a quiet and private work station
- Must have desktop/lap top/or tablet
- Must have reliable high speed internet connection