Men’s Summit Facilitator Needed for Short Term, Remote Work Job Opportunity
Since 2011, (BTMI) Black Transmen Inc has firmly planted ourselves on the forefront of organizing the modern movement for Black trans equality. BTMI takes pride in its role as the first national nonprofit social advocacy organization with a specific focus on empowering African American transgender men by addressing multi-layered issues of injustice faced at the intersections of racial, sexual orientation, and gender identities.
Black Transmen Inc sponsors a new black trans equality movement, that includes the power and admiration of black transmen living life in spite of societal and/or traditional expectations of gender identity. We affirm and celebrate the beauty, strength and uniqueness of the transmasculine community. Our mission is to ensure that all transgender men and TLGB individuals are acknowledged and provided equal access and protection under the law thereby enabling them to contribute towards a productive society.
Black Transmen, Inc. provides positive and affirming support to enrich the lives of transmen and boys across the US through EmpowerHIM.
The EmpowerHIM program is focused on ensuring the experience of holistic wellness with respect to matters concerning health & wellness, safety, economic and social empowerment to support his liberation. Empowerment program services provided to the transmasculine community include Peer Counseling, Information & Education, Akanni Mentoring, Men’s Summit and Grants & Scholarships.
We invite career-minded individuals who are driven, disciplined and assertive, and who believe in our mission to apply to serve in the role of EmpowerHIM Summit Facilitator. The EmpowerHIM Summit Facilitator is involved in the community we serve and works to facilitate the EmpowerHIM – Men’s Summit, a structured 5-Day empowerment program crafted by transmen focused on healing and community organizing held at the National Black Trans Advocacy Conference April 26 – May 1, 2022 in Dallas, Texas. The Men’s Summit Program facilitator serves as the lead contact for all areas of the men’s summit event program, associated communication and activities.
The EmpowerHIM Summit Facilitator position is an exciting opportunity to positively represent and serve our constituency. The ideal candidate will bring or be all or most of the following:
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- You are committed to holistic wellness, creating and environment that provides relentless support and opportunity for community, as well as the feeling of self value, and belonging in all mentoring engagements while demonstrating psychological sensitivity towards black transmen
- Demonstrated ability to quickly establish rapport and maintain positive working relationships with others over the phone and in person
- Highly effective communicator and skilled listener, who is adaptable and displays tenacity
- Takes initiative – Capable of working independently to achieve stated program goals with minimum day to day supervision
- Be a problem solver, self-starter that can follow detail instructions
- A proven track record for hitting deadlines and working well under pressure
- Possesses integrity and compliance can be relied upon to act ethically
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Lead with a servant’s heart
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Prior participation or volunteer time in the EmpowerHIM Summit or any BTMI or BTAC programs
- Experience planning daily operations of programs and their activities
- Experience with community organizing and building partnerships
- Experience with fundraising, grant writing and donor engagement
- Computer proficiency in: Microsoft or Google Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent (some college preferred)
- 1 year Community Outreach & Engagement experience
- 1 year Volunteer Coordination experience
- 1 year Social Media Management (Preferred)
- 2 year Sales Experience a plus
- This is a short term, hourly paid, contract assignment averaging 12 hours a week working remotely
- In-person schedule includes 5-days at the National Black Trans Advocacy Conference to facilitate the summit
REMOTE WORK REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a quiet and private work station
- Must have desktop/lap top/or tablet
- Must have reliable high speed internet connection
- Additional equipment: (headphones preferred)
Equal Employment Opportunity
BTAC. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance.