Improve the black trans human experience by overcoming violence and injustice in the world through the power, value and love of all people
(2)Client Service Agents Needed for Part-Time, Remote Work Job Opportunity
Established in 2011, (BTAC) Black Trans Advocacy Coalition is the only national organization led by black trans people to collectively address the inequities faced in the black transgender human experience.
BTAC, through our national advocacy center and affiliate networks work daily to end discrimination and inequities faced in health, employment, housing and education to improve the lived experience of transgender people. BTAC’s work is based in peace building, community education, public policy initiatives, empowerment programs and direct services. Our mission is to help improve the black trans human experience by overcoming violence and injustice in the world through the power, value and love of all people.
The National Black Trans Advocacy Coalition is advocating for black trans equality, fighting for the human right to access high quality, competent and trans inclusive care. Black Trans People Need Resources! We invite career-minded individuals who are driven, disciplined and assertive, with a “client first” and “can do” attitude who believe in our mission to apply to serve as a Client Service Representative to help make the connection from individual need to available resources.
The Client Services Agent’s primary focus is to support the needs of black trans people, working to locate, provide and connect the community to high quality, competent and trans inclusive health, housing and employment services.
The Client Services Agent serves as the primary point of contact to provide essential general administrative support for the organization’s clients, community partners and funders over the phone, email and social media. They will perform a wide range of tasks to support achieving program goals and objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Strong commitment to supporting trans and non-binary individuals.
- Empathetic, patient, and active listening skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to type and talk at the same time while navigating through multiple screens
- Previous customer service, peer navigation or similiar experience
- Sensitivity to the unique challenges faced by trans and non-binary individuals.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Computer proficiency in: Microsoft or Google Office programs (Word & Excel)
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience helping poverty-specific population overcome barriers to service(preferred)
- This is a short term, hourly paid, contract assignment averaging between 12-20 hours a week working remotely based on program need.
- Must have dedicated time available Tues/Wed/Thur 10am-2pm cst
- Commitment to a 1-year Term
REMOTE WORK REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a quiet and private work station
- Must have desktop/lap top/or tablet
- Must have reliable high speed internet connection
- Additional equipment: (headphones preferred)
Equal Employment Opportunity
BTAC. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance.