Improve the black trans human experience by overcoming violence and injustice in the world through the power, value and love of all people
Advocate Needed to Coordinate our Black Trans Messaging, Part-time, Remote Work Job Opportunity
Established in 2011, (BTAC) Black Trans Advocacy Coalition is the only national organization led by black trans people to collectively address the inequities faced in the black transgender human experience.
BTAC, through our national advocacy center and affiliate networks work daily to end discrimination and inequities faced in health, employment, housing and education to improve the lived experience of transgender people. BTAC’s work is based in peace building, community education, public policy initiatives, empowerment programs and direct services. Our mission is to help improve the black trans human experience by overcoming violence and injustice in the world through the power, value and love of all people.
Help Tell Our Black Trans Message to the World! We’re looking for an advocate with a strong desire to contribute their professional experience and passion for public relations and marketing towards the advancement of the black trans liberation movement serving as the Communications Coordinator. The Communications Coordinator primary focus is to lead in the development, shaping and execution of the National Black Trans Advocacy Coalition marketing and brand strategy.
The BTAC Communications Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day communication activities of the organization, working with the communications team to manage and grow our brand voice and engage our audience with impactful multi-faceted marketing campaigns across all relevant online and print media platforms. This includes press releases, social media engagement and advertising, email communication, website updates, tv/radio/podcast interview and media requests and in-person touchpoints with clients and prospects to garner consistent visibility and messaging.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Strong technical competence with the ability to quickly learn new technology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A solid understanding of Social Media platforms Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube.
- Knowlege and experience using social media scheduling, monitoring, and analysis tools such as Hootsuite, Canva and Mailchimp
- Knowledge and experience with website software such as WordPress and Google Analytics
- Knowledge and experience with design software Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience developing content for social media, event promotion and websites.
- Public Relations experience including Press Releases and In-person Interview skills
- Experience and enthusiasm for writing to a range of audiences in various formats
- Previous team lead or supervisory experience
- Previous experince with tv/radio/print advertising a plus
Available samples can include writing sample (blog post or website copy), social media post, power point slides, other visural media
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Computer proficiency in: Microsoft or Google Office programs (Word, Excel) & Powerpoint)
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent. Associate degree or Advanced degree in a related field preferred.
- This is an hourly paid, contract assignment averaging 20+ hours a week working remotely with additional hours based on organizational need.
- Must have dedicated time available to work collaboratively with project teams on business days Tuesday – Thursday including monthly staff and bi-weekly team meetings.
- Commitment to a 1-year Term
REMOTE WORK REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a quiet and private work station
- Must have desktop/lap top/or tablet
- Must have reliable high speed internet connection
- Additional equipment: (headphones preferred)
Equal Employment Opportunity
BTAC. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance.