Trans GNC/Non-binary Outreach & Engagement Specialist Needed for Short Term, Remote Work Job Opportunity
Black Trans MX. (BTMX) creates space for building community and advocating for the black gender non-conforming, non-binary, and gender diverse community.
Founded in 2018, BTXI aims to provide a safe space for persons free from societal expectations of gender norms, celebrate gender diversity, increase non-binary and gender non-conforming visibility, and build a stronger community. Our mission is to encourage and advocate for black individuals and their gender identity, expression, and exploration however that manifests.
Black Trans Mx. provides positive and affirming support to enrich the lives of trans gnc/non-binary people across the US through EmpowerTHEM.
The EmpowerTHEM program is focused on ensuring the experience of holistic wellness with respect to matters concerning health & wellness, safety, economic and social empowerment to support their liberation. Empowerment program services provided to the trans gnc/non-binary community include Information & Education, Support Group, Mx Summit and Grants & Scholarships.
We invite career-minded individuals who are driven, disciplined and assertive, and who believe in our mission to apply to serve in the role of EmpowerTHEM GNC/Non-binary Outreach & Engagement Specialist. The Outreach & Engagement Specialist is involved in the community we serve, works to locate, identify, and build relationships with groups and individuals who could benefit from the gnc/non-binary empowerment services we offer. The Outreach & Engagement Specialist serves as a direct point of contact to increase awareness of Black Trans Mx and its EmpowerTHEM Program and to professionally engage with its clients, donors, members, sponsors and partners.
The EmpowerTHEM Outreach & Engagement Specialist position is an exciting opportunity to positively represent and serve our constituency. The ideal candidate will identify as transgender gnc/non-binary and bring or be all or most of the following:
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Have a creative spirit, adaptable and charismatic personality and relentless drive for success
- Demonstrated ability to quickly establish rapport and maintain positive working relationships with others over the phone and in person
- Commitment of protecting sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Excellent written communication ability in a variety of communications settings
- Takes initiative – Capable of working independently to achieve stated program goals with minimum day to day supervision
- Be a problem solver, self-starter that can follow detail instructions
- A proven track record for hitting deadlines and working well under pressure
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Lead with a servant’s heart
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in Outreach & Engagement or similar field of work
- Computer proficiency in: Microsoft or Google Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent (some college preferred)
- 6 months Transgender Community Outreach experience
- 1 year Social Media Management (Preferred)
- 1 year Sales Experience (Preferred)
- Experience helping poverty-specific population overcome barriers to service
- Experience navigating public insurance options and systems such as government offices, courts, housing, domestic violence/sexual assault, and other community-based services a plus
- This is a PART-TIME, short term, hourly paid assignment averaging between 10-15 hours a week working from home
REMOTE WORK REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a quiet and private work station
- Must have desktop/lap top/or tablet
- Must have reliable high speed internet connection