Transwomen Outreach & Engagement Representative Needed for Short Term, Remote Work Job Opportunity
Black Transwomen, Inc (BTWI) is a national nonprofit organization established to specifically address the urgent concerns facing African American trans women in minority communities.
Since 2012, BTWI has committed to empowerment, providing the trans-feminine community with programs and resources to help inspire individual growth and contributions to the greater good of society to meet its mission of uplifting the voice, heart and soul of black trans women.
Black Transwomen, Inc. provides positive and affirming support to enrich the lives of transwomen and girls across the US through EmpowerHER.
The EmpowerHER program is focused on ensuring the experience of holistic wellness with respect to matters concerning health & wellness, safety, economic and social empowerment to support her liberation. Empowerment program services provided to the transfeminine community include Peer Counseling, Information and Referral, Support Group, Women’s Summit and Grants & Scholarships.
We invite career-minded individuals who are driven, disciplined and assertive, and who believe in our mission to apply to serve in the role of EmpowerHER Transwomen Outreach & Engagement Representative. The Outreach & Engagement Representative is involved in the community we serve, works to locate, identify, and build relationships with groups and individuals who could benefit from the women’s empowerment services we offer. The Outreach & Engagement Representative serves as a direct point of contact to increase awareness of Black Transwomen Inc and its EmpowerHER Program and to professionally engage with its clients, donors, members, sponsors and partners.
The Transwomen Outreach & Engagement Representative position is an exciting opportunity to positively represent and serve our constituency. The ideal candidate will identify as transgender woman and bring or be all or most of the following:
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Have a creative spirit, adaptable and charismatic personality and relentless drive for success
- Demonstrated ability to quickly establish rapport and maintain positive working relationships with others over the phone and in person
- Commitment of protecting sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Excellent written communication ability in a variety of communications settings
- Takes initiative – Capable of working independently to achieve stated program goals with minimum day to day supervision
- Be a problem solver, self-starter that can follow detail instructions
- A proven track record for hitting deadlines and working well under pressure
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Lead with a servant’s heart
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in Outreach & Engagement or similar field of work
- Computer proficiency in: Microsoft or Google Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent
- Community Education & Training experience
- 1 year Community Outreach & Engagement experience
- 1 year Social Media Management (Preferred)
- 1 year Sales Experience (Preferred)
- 1 year Volunteer Coordination a plus
- 1 year Public Speaking experience plus
- This is a short term, hourly paid, contract assignment averaging between 8-12 hours a week working remotely &/or on-site
- On-site includes conference and community event participation, pride events, street outreach, bars/clubs, church, school, employer etc as necessary to find/meet trans people where they are
REMOTE WORK REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a quiet and private work station
- Must have desktop/lap top/or tablet
- Must have reliable high speed internet connection
- Additional equipment: (headphones preferred)
Equal Employment Opportunity
BTAC. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance.