Client Service Representative Needed for Short Term, Remote Work Job Opportunity
Established in 2011, (BTAC) Black Trans Advocacy Coalition is the only national organization led by black trans people to collectively address the inequities faced in the black transgender human experience.
BTAC, through our national advocacy center and affiliate state chapters work daily to end discrimination and inequities faced in health, employment, housing and education to improve the lived experience of transgender people. BTAC’s work is based in peace building, community education, public policy initiatives, empowerment programs and direct services. Our mission is to help improve the black trans human experience by overcoming violence and injustice in the world through the power, value and love of all people.
The National Black Trans Advocacy Coalition is advocating for black trans equality, fighting for the human right to access high quality, competent and trans inclusive care. Black Trans People Need Resources! We invite career-minded individuals who are driven, disciplined and assertive, with a “client first” and “can do” attitude who believe in our mission to apply to serve as a Client Service Representative.
As part of our BTAC client service team, you’ll play a front-line role by impacting the client’s experience – from scheduling appointments, answering questions and routing clients to appropriate services, within BTAC or through referral to our network of community resources and services. Client Service Representatives work daily to locate, provide and connect the community with trans inclusive resources covering health, housing, employment free of discrimination.
The Client Service Specialist position is an exciting opportunity to positively represent and serve our black trans constituency. The ideal candidate will identify as transgender and bring or be all or most of the following:
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Strong advocacy skills prioritizing the needs of the client
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism at all times clients and staff
- Commitment of protecting sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Have strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Be a problem solver, self-starter that can follow detail instructions
- A proven track record for hitting deadlines and working well under pressure
- Possesses integrity and compliance can be relied upon to act ethically
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- Ability to type and talk at the same time while navigating through multiple screens
- Lead with a servant’s heart
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in Customer Service field of work
- Computer proficiency in: Microsoft or Google Office programs (Word & Excel)
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent
- 1 year Customer Service experience
- 2-3 years Call Center experience (preferred)
- Experience helping poverty-specific population overcome barriers to service(preferred)
- This is a short term, hourly paid, contract assignment averaging between 12-24 hours a week working from home
- 3 day Work Week. Must have dedicated time available Tues/Wed/Thur during the hours of 10am-6pm CST
REMOTE WORK REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a quiet and private work station
- Must have desktop/lap top/or tablet
- Must have reliable high speed internet connection
- Additional equipment: (headphones preferred)
Equal Employment Opportunity
BTAC. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance.